Wednesday, February 24, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Centerpiece etc....

This next St. Patrick's Day craft is very kid friendly- I know for a fact since I did it with a very excited 2 yr this morning. And it's FREE- using just supplies I already had on hand.

We got our quarterly candle shipment yesterday- a gift from my mother in law that I LOVE- every three months new candles arrive on my doorstep packed in Styrofoam that gives me all sorts of ideas. This time around we took the two large cake like pieces out for our base.

Then we painted our bases- I was not patient enough to find my spray paint- we used acrylic and it worked fine.


While that was drying we traced shamrock outlines on the back of our scrapbook paper- just one of each. Once we cut out the first set we flipped them over and traced them to get our backing shamrocks.
Here you see our two sets of shamrocks laid on top of each other.


Then we spray painted some skewers from our junk drawer white.


The cover the shamrock in modge podge and sandwich your skewer between your two shamrocks.

Stick shamrocks in Styrofoam at varying heights, and voila!

Be Sure to check out our GIVEAWAY!

 http://www.thethriftyhome.comSumo Sweet Stuff



giveaways



12 comments:

Brook said...

Wow I love it and you could use it for any holiday instead of shamrocks you could use hearts, eggs, pumpkins, trees, flags, flowers if you were doing a little girls room the possibilties are endless you are brilliant

Joyelle said...

looove your blog!!!

Jenny said...

I love this, especially the cost(or lack of)! So creative, great job!

Brook said...

I love the new backround where did you get it my blog is so ugly right now

Sadie said...

super cute!! Great idea, I am definitely going to make one.

Unknown said...

Oh dear. How wonderful is this? I would love to repost it. Pease let me know!

Amanda said...

I LOVE this!! really love it! So simple, and so charming. I don't scrapbook, but I do love using patterned papers in crafts. Great results!!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What cute ideas! Very creative!

Brook said...

I saw you are posted in mod podge rocks oh so cool way to go girl!

Diane Schmidt said...

Love your ideas! Very cute.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

LOVE it! Everything goes together so well. Thanks for joining the party!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Linda

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I love this! I actually used your instructions to make my own. I just posted it on my blog if you want to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails