Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Memo Board Refashion

This is the first project from the laundry room redo that I am going to show you. When I was cleaning out the laundry room I found this memo board and decided to dress it up to match the room.
Supplies:
Fabric
Ribbon
Hot Glue
Staple Gun
Step one: Take buttons off the memo board- mine were just glued on.

Step Two: Measure fabric and trim the fabric to fit the board.

Step Three: Staple fabric around board, pulling tight.

Step Four: Measure ribbon lengths and cut.

Step Five: Staple fabric onto the back of the board, stretch across the front of the board and staple on the other side.

Step Six: Staple where the ribbons meet.

Step Seven: Cut out fabric squares slightly larger than the buttons. Uncover buttons.

Step Eight: Place a drop of glue on the front of the button.

Step Nine: Press fabric to button.

Step Ten: Trim fabric.

Step Eleven: Place a drop of hot glue on back of button and press fabric into middle.
Step Twelve: Glue buttons onto front of memo board.

Linking to these parties!

Make sure to read about "Prayers for Preslee."

4 comments:

Jami said...

Beautiful message board...but what REALLY caught my eye? Your yummy red washer/dryer! AWESOME!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Fab redo! I LOVE the fabric!!

cache and lindsey said...

I HAVENT SEEN THE AFTER! hurry hurry post or send me an email! love you

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR LULU,
I JOINED YOUR LOVELY BLOG. IT IS VERY LOVELY AND THE MEMO BOARD WAS SOOOO VERY PRETTY.
I WILL BE GOING TO PRAYERS FOR PRESLE NEXT. I SO BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER. MY DAUGHTER GRADUATED TO HEAVEN IN OCT. 2009. BUT SHE STILL RECEIVED A MIRACLE...SHE IS WALKING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD.
SO NICE TO MEET YOU.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails