Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love ya...mean it...

I had to make a game for a Valentine Party that I am going to this week. I thought I would fill a jar full of candies for the girls to guess the amount and it might as well be darling.

So I dug through my fridge to find a jar that would work. This strawberry jam was almost gone so I scrubbed it out with a bottle scrubber and used fingernail polish remover to get all the sticky residue off (it worked like a charm).

Then I painted the lid pink and stamped a big "u" on the lid. Then I stamped the word LOVE all around the top of the lid.

I then stamped "xoxo" all around the edges of the lid.

I thought the words needed something between them so I used the tip of a mechanical pencil.
Then I dug through my stash of paper to find something to put of the front of the jar.
Next, modge podge your label on both under the label and on top of the label. Use your nail polish remover and a Q-tip to remove the rest of the modge podge from around the edges of your label.

To finish the lid spray the lid with a clear coat finish- everything looks better shiny.
Finish it all off with some matching ribbon and fill with your favorite candies. This would be great to give to your visiting teaching sisters, school teachers, friends, kids, etc.





monogram

3 comments:

Aly said...

That is a great idea! It turned out so cute, too. I just may use this for visiting teaching...

Cherry Blossoms said...

Super Cute Heather!

Brook said...

WOW just for a church activity you went all out you cutie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails