Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Seeing Green



Well now that it's February 16th and Valentines in officially past- time to start thinking green (St. Patty's green) without spending much green. I LOVE St. Patrick's day! To kick start St. Patty's I thought I would make some projects that would add some cute green to our house without spending a lot of money. Today's tutorial is covering a jar candle that I already had.

Measure your jar and cut your paper to fit the flat part of the jar. I then distressed the edges of the paper with a green ink pad.

If you've never distressed paper before, just rub your ink pad along the edges of the paper. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect in fact the less perfect the better. (Don't you wish that was always the case?!)


Then I stamped the word lucky on some white card stock and added some green shamrocks.

Cut our your word strip, and distress the edges in black to set it apart from the green background.

Modge podge your word strip onto your background paper.

Since I'm only using the cover for a month, I just taped it onto the back of the jar.

Viola instant St. Patrick's day cheer.


Simply Designing

6 comments:

Joyelle said...

so sooo cute!! love these tutes!!

Unknown said...

oh these turned out really cute! I have been looking for st patty's day ideas!

Brook said...

your a genius and i really don't care if i spelled that wrong

Michie said...

What a cute idea! You can use the same candle and change how it looks every month. I love it.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Being featured!

Unknown said...

showing off this idea on my blog tomorrow. come check it out: simplydesigning.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails